• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

bringing a in transit truck onto base??

reb87

I am picking up a couple deuces in ok and planning to stop in ft riley ks to pick up some misc stuf I bought. Will they let me on base with my in transit trucks from oklahoma? I think I can have my insurance co issue some temp insurance cards. Anybody know?? Thanks, Ross

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You only need proof of insurance on the vehicle you're driving. Would also help to have a bill of lading or proof of ownership of the items you are hauling.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you driving them on, or towing one? No matter what, the one your driving needs to have proof of insurance, current reggie, inspection, plates etc... If your towing one in, make sure you have paperwork saying YOU own it. Getting on post is the problem, not getting off in my experiences.....

M1075

My experience at Fort Riley is that you better have your insurance AND registration. You might be better off finding someone local to pickup your stuff for you and have it staged offsite somewhere. Don't we have a member there? Time to check the member locator map!

reb87

Both vehicles are going to be picked up in oklahama (the norman base)then driven to kansas(the fort riley base) to pick up enough stuff to load them all the way up, then home to nebraska. I will have my wife driving our suburban which is the only vehicle licensed and registered.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They will only let you on with a vehicle that is 100% road legal with plates,insurance, inspection, etc.. Anything less, and they WONT let you on, PERIOD. There is no sweet talking the guards.....

Im sure that others will confirm.

reb87

I just called fort riley and they told me that as long as I had an invoice and insurance card I could get in. The trucks will basically be intransit.
I hope the people at the base on wednesday will agree. Thanks, Ross

tmbrwolf

If you have any prob's let me know I'm about 10 minutes from Ft. Riley. Just be aware that you can get info from one person and the guys at the gate have a different opinion, I have trouble getting on post with an official vehicle at times!

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd get the name of the person you talked to... What they say on the phone and what happens at the gate may be two very different things.

jwaller

as the others have said if you don't have proof of insurance, tag and registration your not getting on.

And when you pull up to the gate without one of these items and you cant provide it the MP's will be called and you Will be getting multiple tickets. Ask me how I know.

dm22630

emmado22 said:
They will only let you on with a vehicle that is 100% road legal with plates,insurance, inspection, etc.. Anything less, and they WONT let you on, PERIOD. There is no sweet talking the guards.....

Im sure that others will confirm.
When I went to the GL site in Portsmouth, VA to pick up an ammo trailer, I had all that stuff, but the guard ONLY looked at my license & saw the town I was from & started going on and on and on about how he used to work at the health dept there in the 1960's & wanted to know if I knew the guy that trained him. :shock:

So...to recap...NO CHECKING OF ANYTHING @ Portsmouth, Va

haha

m.walker

You will have to have ins. and registration , they turned me away because I forgot my registration had to go into town and have the wife fax it to me or waste a couple hour trip !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks