• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bringing M105 home

Carl_in_NH

I don't know about LA - but every state I've lived in so far (granted, only a handful) have required a plate on a trailer - or anything else - even just to bring it home. Many states have a temp plate you can get for just such a task; NH has them - one time per VIN per owner, costs something like $10. Check with your DMV or on-line references for your state.

CajunM35A2

M105

I pulled my M105 home to the New Orleans area with the M35A2 that I bought at the same time from the dealer in Jackson, MS with proof of insurance and a receipt. PERIOD.

I went through several construction zones, cops everywhere; no problems.

In Louisiana you can register a military trailer as an antique.....just in case you did not know that!!

mactiredearg

Not sure about LA, but I know in Alabama you can run any trailer short of a semi without a plate as long as it's not used for commercial purposes. I ran a 7' x 16' dual axle 7k pound one for most of the time I lived there with no plate. I had to call a couple different DMV offices and get them to repeat that info before I believed it myself. Apparently they like their trailers in the good old south... :lol:

Course even with the title (which they told me also wasnt required) being plateless made it a major pain to get the trailer registered here in Colorado when we moved...

91W350

The empty M105 weighs too much to pull without a tag in Kansas, that never slowed anybody down any though. I do not remember seeing one with a tag. Glen