• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Broke down again...IP dying?

galeo7171

The other day my 1009 suddenly lost power and stalled. It would crank right back up, then blow out a lot of smoke, then stall gain. I removed the fuel return valve and found it clogged with small pieces of coffee ground looking pieces of something. I broke out the glass ball and reinstalled it. After that, it ran fine but idled rough and would surge while driving on the interstate.

Today I replaced the stock fuel filter with a spin on filter and the truck ran awesome for 50 miles. I shut the truck off and came back an hour later and attempted to drive to work. The truck did the same thing as before and lost all power and stalled. I removed the return valve again but it wasn't clogged. It would fire right up, then idle rough and stall again.

Did my IP just officially die. I can't get the truck to idle for more than a minute. It will stall, but fire right up again , then stall.

DXTAC

That's what mine was doing. I had the IP rebuilt by Midwest Fuel Injection and haven't had a problem since. I already had a spin-on filter and tried changing that first HOPING that was it, it wasn't.

Good Luck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks