• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

broke down in odessa del need help

I have an 818 and I'm stuck in odessa del. I belive it is a front right brake that is locking up or a wheel bearing on its way out. Any help with a jack and whatever parts that may be needed would be great. Please call me at (973)_277-0151. Eric

Mudstone

They need a front wheel bearing set. If anyone can help with locating one. give either them a call please.

@Matt do you know of anyone who may have one?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Try bleeding the brakes....I had one lock up me when I was flat towing it home.

You will need someone to pump the brakes and some DOT-5 brake fluid.

You can open the bleeder valves with a 3/8ths box end (I think).....very small cresent will do in a pinch but there is not much room to operate on some of the valves.

That's all I got.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
TNJ Murray, Can't you spit across Delaware?

Mudstone

just got off the phone with eric. its a wheel bearing for front. they are in the parking lot in odessa rt1 and 299 intersection.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes they are NK.

Yes he could chain up the rear axle, pull the hub and bearings, and disconnect the rear D/S. It's more work, but it would get him moving again.

Mudstone

gave them TNJ Murray's number. biggest problem. they don't have a jack. All the tools and no jack.

DH do you think TNJ will be able to run the part out to them?

So update can anyone run a jack out to them in odessa

Last edited:

powerhouseduece

I don't even get off work till 3. There is no way I can get to the axle in my trailer. If he still need it I might be able to run out with a jack, jack stand and a chain. But I'm 2 hours away.

powerhouseduece

I just called them, if they can't get any help then ill make the 2 hour track out there. They got the tools, just no jack. If anyone in the area could lend them a jack and jack stand that would be awesome!

powerhouseduece

He said they were working on the bearings, they need a jack.(or a wheel lift Wrecker imho) I might be riding up there if they can't get any help.

I thought we had a becon incase someone broke down? Any word on that doghead?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, Mangus hasn't finished the "Broke Down alert".

Alredneck

Banned
I can pull a front wheel bearing from my parts M54 and overnight it. Or you can try Memphis equipment 901-774-0600 they wont be open till monday though!