• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

broken bolt in block

Dodge man

I second using a LH drill bit. I've found that just drilling bolts with LH drill will make 80+% back out and you'd have to drill a hole anyway to use an EasyOut. LH drill bits are HARD to find but well worth the effort!

steelandcanvas

LH drill bits are not hard to find, eBay, Amazon, Northern Tool, just to name a few. Shop around, get a set with with the extractors in the same kit. Don't buy ChiCom, buy USA made stuff. Treat it right and you'll never buy another set.

unaffiliated

That bolt was broken off in mine. Someone who shall be nameless tried to get it out and broke the easy out extractor off in the hole he drilled. I took a carbide burr that cuts from the end and the sides and plunged it straight into the broken bolt and easy out with a right angle die grinder. I then tapped the hole with larger than stock threads and cut a bolt off short to fit the new hole. I did a write up about it in the 'What have you done to your CUCV' Thread http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...today-lately&p=1331570&highlight=#post1331570 Personally I hate easy outs or extractors as some people call them. If and when they break, they are impossible to drill out because of how they are made. I rarely ever use them and I have been a mechanic for 35 years.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks