• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Broken Shut Off CAble

MDSA

A month ago my shut off cable broke. Replacing it was not the problem, but now I got to thinking (always dangerous). I wonder if I caused it with the lock I had on it. For over a year I have been locking up my Deuce with a "U" shaped metal sleeve that fits over the narrow part of the shut off handle - as shown in someone's very useful photo. Now I wonder if that was too much constant pressure at the end of the handle where it broke. Of course it could just be age, but I now lock the steering wheel at home and will only use the sleeve when parked where someone might be tempted to tamper with the Deuce.

Just a heads up in case you use a similar lock.

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
Brian can you trim the locking device so it will not keep the pressure on it as hard. My cable stays out even after the truck is shut down. I just use a pad lock on the steering wheel.

LanceRobson

One of mine pulled off a while back. On the side of the handle was a flat spot where it was staked onto the end of the cable.

I drilled through the flat, tapped it and used epoxy in the end of the handle followed by a set screw. It was a 10 minute repair that's still holding.

Lance

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My shut off problem is at the other end. The part attached to the motor/IP does not move - cable works fine, but the rod is not moving. Gonna have to tear into it and see what is wrong. Since it's on truck #2 it may not have a high enough priority to get done this month.

Ridgerunner

My shut off problem is at the other end. The part attached to the motor/IP does not move - cable works fine, but the rod is not moving. Gonna have to tear into it and see what is wrong.
I had the same thing with my Deuce when I bought it. They just get sticky form sitting with out use/movement. Just spray some lube where the cable attaches to the pump, and rotate the valve back and forth that the cable pulls with some pliers. It should free right up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks