• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Broken starter bolts

jdeoliveira74

Ok so i broke a starter bolt... drilled out got new bolts problem solved! My starter was replaced with a 12v one and they didn t put the front starter bracket on. i have purchased the piece but with no bolts. Does anyone know the size of the bolts? that attach to the bracket and starter?
thanks

rickf

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are going to run that 12 volt starter on 24 volts then stock up on flywheels! It will fail to engage 60% of the time and chew the teeth right off. The starter should have a stud of of the back and the truck is either 10mX1.25 or 3/8x16. I don't remember if they are metric or not, I believe they are.

Rick

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The starter itself should have a mounting stud that is part of the long housing bolt. If it doesn't you will have to buy one from a starter rebuild shop.

The bolt that attaches the bracket to the block is a metric bolt. Should be available at you local hardware store (ie ACE)

It is a "M8 x 1.25 x 20"

*** EDIT ****

Which type of starter do you have? As the Gear Reduction starter is different

Attachments

Last edited:

jdeoliveira74

i dont know what kind of starter i have to be honest.... i have the truck 2.5 weeks and have been tinkering since i got it. Replaced rear main seal oil pan gasket. transmission filter and gasket. fixed vacuum for transmission. learning as i go.
How do you tell them apart?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How do you tell them apart?
The newer style Gear Reduction is on the left. The housing is smaller.

The older sytle Direct Drive is on the right. It is bigger in size.

Also the support bracket is different. You have to know which starter you have in order to know which bracket you need.

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
What a difference in this thread then another cucv thread, ATTITUDE sure makes a difference :beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks