• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brush guard bolts

riderdan

Still going over the truck and finding little things... like the hood hinge pins that didn't have cotter pins in them.

Checking the brush guard (original style) I noticed that the bolts holding it on seem under sized. There's about 1/4" of wiggle and the retaining pins are hard to get in/out because the holes on the mount and guard don't line up quite right.

I realize part of this could be wear, but could someone confirm the size of the bolts that are supposed to be holding this on? I didn't find a TM for this that showed bolt size...

Action

I have a newer brushguard. I think on the bolts that hold it on (pivot point), there is an aluminum sleeve that fits in the hole to keep the guard in the correct spot. Then, your thinner bolt would fit in the sleeve.

riderdan

I did eventually find it in the TM, but it just shows the newer, tubular guard. Without sleeves. I'm going to go caliper the bolt and hole and see what I can come up with. I wonder if I could use a piece of bearing bronze tube to tighten things up...

Action

My "sleeves". Were part of the kit. They are slightly longer than the thickness of the guard and mount. If you just use bolts snd tighten them down, it will be difficult to lower the brushguard.

CGregson

I'm confused, TM 9-2320-280-24P-2, 437-1 is the first gen brush guard no? All very clear on what bolts to use? What bolt number do you think you have wrong?

CGregson

I believe you're talking about your pivot which would be 3(bolt), 4(washer), 4(washer), 10(castle), 11(cotter pin). If loose, are you missing the washers? The bolt appears to be 5/8x18 x 2"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks