• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brush strokes..

PareoWC

Gents, my Son and I brushed on Rustoleum's Rusty Metal Primer on our WC52 cab. We have brush strokes because we're newbs, and we feel it's no big deal.

Once dry, we are going to spray Behr Marquis with our Graco sprayer- will the latex fill in those brush strokes, or should we sand before shooting?

AZDeuce

You will have to sand it down, just use a light touch as you'll only want to remove the high spots. I'd use a 400 grit sand paper on a sanding block to keep everything smooth and level. Make sure that paint has dried a few days before attempting any sanding, or you'll have a big mess on your hands, if the paint hasn't dried all the way through. Hope this helps.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks