• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Buddy needs an injection pump...

bomar76

A good friend of mine....who is kinda a Luddite..
(google up Luddite if you need to :wink: )
needs an injection pump (complete) for his deuce....LDT 465 1-D.... anyone have a spare laying around?

$$$????

SixBuy

Has anybody had any experience with taking an injection pump to one of those injector-and-pump service companies for a checkout or rebuild? Can they do it and what does it cost?

Desert Rat

Usually these places do a free check and advise about any needed repairs. The place in Evansville, IN did for me when I was there.

red devils dude

SixBuy said:
Has anybody had any experience with taking an injection pump to one of those injector-and-pump service companies for a checkout or rebuild? Can they do it and what does it cost?
I took my injectors to one they tested them all for free and I dont like
to take apart fuel injection pump's way to sensitive.

bomar76

My friend's pump is FUBAR.....the hydraulic head is rusted inside and the drive gear sheared off.....and to top it off it leaked anyway, so a rebuild is outta the question on this unit.

When my pump went south I was quoted $350 or more to rebuild it...and I bet more would have been likely as the hydraulic head on it had a lot of rust in it too.

SixBuy

Thanks for the info on injector and pump service. I've been fighting slobbering and huge clouds of white smoke for months now and I've decided
to get the injectors tested and if necessary, the pump. Seems like a good time to test compression and leakdown too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks