• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Builder77's hard top

Lorax

I'm a little uncomfortable posting this like this, but figured it might help reunite some of Ethan's stuff.

Back before Ethan passed, he put his hard top up for sale. I bought it. If I remember correctly, it came off his dropside deuce, but it may have been his other deuce. The truck I bought it to go on has since been sold, so the hard top is sitting in my garage now collecting dust. I know someone here bought one of his trucks, and has an avatar with a plane in it. I wanted whoever bought his trucks to have a heads up his hard top is for sale, in case they wanted the top back for the same truck it came off, or the other of Ethan's trucks.

He sold it to me for $350, and I'd like to get that amount back. It has some rust issues, and I'll get some pictures of it in another day or 2. Since I brought it home it's been in my garage and never went on my other truck.

After a couple days I post it in the classifieds section too.

scooter01922

Thanks for the heads up on the hardtop. The truck i got from ethan has a hardtop on it :) I just bought a 108 and it needs a hardtop :roll: what are the odds that one would pop up like this?? Sadly i have no way to get to virginia to fetch it and no cash to spare right now. All i can say is that if you still have it for sale in the spring and will be heading to the aberdeen rally or could have someone heading there do the transport then i will take it. Would look really nice on that 108 :-D

builder77sDad

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is Robert, the owner of Ethan's second deuce by inheritance. I have done only a small part of Ethan's restoration work so far. I found it with a trailer tarp over the cab. Ethan hadn't told me anything about his plans for a top. So I purchased a soft top in od camo and installed it the last trip I made to Ethan's house, in November.

I ask for advice on two issues. One is whether there is any advantage to having a hard top. The other is what to do with the one inch gap between the door windows and the back canvas. Is there a part I am missing?

Future plans, some during our January trip to Richmond: Replacing air compressor belt, installing new alternator, installing pre-lube pump, installing medium duty loading crane, renewing instrument panel, and deciding whether to use the deuce to tow Ethan's incomplete but excellent Jeep to Texas to be assembled. If so, new single wheels and perhaps a higher top gear would be valuable.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Got a pic of the window gap? That would help us help you the best. I have trucks with hard tops and soft tops. The hard top will last alot longer than a soft top. That being said, I like the soft tops.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks