• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bumper Numbers

Flatlander

Hey, I'm relatively new to this site! I have read A LOT and really appreciate the insight you guys have. I'm in the process of buying my first MV from the city, and have a question: is there any document that lists bumper numbers or a way to decipher them? I'm buying an M35A2C with the LDS 465-1D Hercules, heater, airshift t-case, metal hardtop, dropside bed with troop seats, and a nice camo paint job! The bumper numbers are:

XVIII 7ADA IA 2

I plan to keep this truck stock, as it is in pristine condition. The only modifications I see are a larger muffler on the stack, and a CAT starter. (Is that stock?) I'll post some pics soon!

Thanks again for being so willing to help! I read the recent string about the guy who needed help down near Houston and am so impressed with the camraderie shown by the members of Steel Soldiers.

devilman96

I know a lot about a little but I don't think those are Mil numbers (guys, an opinion here?) Roman numerals??? XVIII is 18... makes no sense to me...

There is a 7th ADA, 7th Air Defense Artillery but thats 1st battalion Bliss, TX...

Maybe the city guys were doing their own number thing...

There is always sanding and paint stripper to expose the history but give it a day or two and someone will know better than I... and all will say the same... congrats on the buy... now where's the pictures???

houdel

I'd like to hear more about that CAT starter? Is that as in Caterpillar Tractor? How about some pics of the starter. Was it a bolt in or does it look like it was adapted? Any part numbers on the starter?

Flatlander

The US Army operates ten Patriot battalions: 1-1 ADA and 3-2 ADA of the 31st ADA Brigade (assigned to III Armored Corps), 1-7 ADA and 2-43 ADA of the 108th ADA Brigade (assigned to XVIII Airborne Corps), 5-7 ADA and 6-52 ADA of the 69th ADA Brigade (assigned to V Armored Corps, Germany), 1-43 ADA and 2-1 ADA assigned to the 35th ADA Brigade (Korea), and 3-43 ADA and 5-52 ADA of the 11th ADA Brigade (assigned to the 32nd AAMDC).

So, this truck is a true patriot after all...
Any ideas on the IA2 on the drivers side of the front bumper?

ida34

Roman numeral denote a corp level designation. 18th ABN is correct but it should still have a ABN after the XVIII.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good to have you flatlander. Mabye next time i run out to levelland we can get a cup of coffie

Flatlander

[/quote]
Anytime, Ken!
So, do you think the numbers have been painted incorrectly? Should ABN be on there? I want the truck to be as original as possible, but I hesitate to change it... Do you know what the IA 2 means? Thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks