• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bunch of Q's never asked...

ecostruction

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have several questions that I have been meaning to ask for a long time, but they really didn't seem that important, so asked more urgent questions. Some searching has been done, but I still have the following q's;
- GL - 1 oil is for diffs correct? I've asked at Tractor Supply, and they look at me like I'm nuts. What else do I look for on labels. I was just there this afternoon looking again and didn't find anything.
- I bought 30 weight motor oil at TS for the engine oil, but what should I be using really? Did I buy correctly per the lube order? The way I read it I did.
- Got a '67 Deuce w/w. Best runner in the bunch. However, it starts hard even with cold start system and I hear and smell it working. Any clues? I have think this truck has had the fuel delivery messed with because it will pull hills in 5th where other trucks of mine need 3rd. It's almlost like a sports deuce.
- at times this thing feels like it might have air-o-matic. Yet at speed it feels a bit hard to turn. I looked at the box and don't see the air-o-matic parts. Any thoughts on this?
- same truck, right side headlight and taillight don't work. Replaced front headlight with known good one. Still nothing. Turns work on that side. Any thoughts?

As always gents, all help is appreciated.

regards,

Eco

OD_Coyote

See my 2cents below in red.

- GL - 1 oil is for diffs correct? I've asked at Tractor Supply, and they look at me like I'm nuts. What else do I look for on labels. I was just there this afternoon looking again and didn't find anything. You can use GL-1 or GL-5 MT1. MT1 means it is safe for yellow metals.

- I bought 30 weight motor oil at TS for the engine oil, but what should I be using really? Did I buy correctly per the lube order? The way I read it I did.
I have been using 15W-40 in my truck, it is stenciled on the inside of the hood in yellow text.

- Got a '67 Deuce w/w. Best runner in the bunch. However, it starts hard even with cold start system and I hear and smell it working. Any clues? I have think this truck has had the fuel delivery messed with because it will pull hills in 5th where other trucks of mine need 3rd. It's almlost like a sports deuce.
- at times this thing feels like it might have air-o-matic. Yet at speed it feels a bit hard to turn. I looked at the box and don't see the air-o-matic parts. Any thoughts on this? Have you verified that your in-tank fuel pump is working?

- same truck, right side headlight and taillight don't work. Replaced front headlight with known good one. Still nothing. Turns work on that side. Any thoughts I would take a DVM and check for voltage and I would verify that the lights in question are properly grounded.

hole

:ditto:with one side note, I've been told that you shouldnt mix GL1 with GL5 so to be safe I would drain out existing fluids and refill with GL5