• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Burning used oil

REDWOLF

I just finished building my gravity used oil cleaner. So i can start mixing some used motor oil in with the fuel for the somer time to help with fuel cost. The fillter i am useing for the used oil fillter is a wool 10 micron rated fillter. Do you think that is good for what i am doing? Will post pics of the system when i get more time.

REDWOLF

10 4 Will have to find a smaller fillter cartradge or a total diferent fillter and probly a pump to push or pull it thure the fillter. I do not think gravity alone will do it. Any thoughts on a fillter?

scoutmanadam

i use the bag filters and have a few rare earth magnets thrown in the first two bags just to make sure there is as little metal shavings as possible. beyond that i filter to one micron. it takes overnight in the bags for 5 gallons but at least its free

pegasus55

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use an old arm buster 1/2" electric drill to drive a big block Chevy oil pump that I modified to pump my WMO through three Culligan cartridge filters - 1st is 20 micron, 2nd is 10 micron, 3rd is 5 micron. The drill is slow enough and yet powerful enough to pump at about 10 - 15 psi and I can fill a 5 gallon container in a minute or so.

Iceman3005

Couple of budy's of mine are using 2 house water filters and pumping it through for there waste oil, first one is a 10 micron second is a 5.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks