• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Buying M923A2 - advice appreciated

Trapperjohn

Hi, I am new to posting on the forum. I have a M725 and am looking to buy a M923A2 with the turbocharged 8.3 cummins engine. I was a bit intimidated by the size of these, but they have remarkable road manners for such a large truck. I would really appreciate any advice on the downside/problems that these trucks have. I am looking at a low hour refurbished unit. Couple questions I have are:

- do they really get 9-10 mpg?

- are the engines relaible for 100k-200K like a Dodge truck?

- is it easy to disable the CTIS?

- are the Allison transmissions relaible?

- can you drive these at 55mph for sustained periods of time... like 4-5 hours?

- can you drive these on long trips (500-600 miles) and feel confident?

- what problems / issues are associated with the M923A2's?

thank you very much for any info you can give me... I know there are a lot a very knowledgable guys out there and appreciate your advice!

:)

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi, I am new to posting on the forum. I have a M725 and am looking to buy a M923A2 with the turbocharged 8.3 cummins engine. I was a bit intimidated by the size of these, but they have remarkable road manners for such a large truck. I would really appreciate any advice on the downside/problems that these trucks have. I am looking at a low hour refurbished unit. Couple questions I have are:

- do they really get 9-10 mpg?

- are the engines relaible for 100k-200K like a Dodge truck?

- is it easy to disable the CTIS?

- are the Allison transmissions relaible?

- can you drive these at 55mph for sustained periods of time... like 4-5 hours?

- can you drive these on long trips (500-600 miles) and feel confident?

- what problems / issues are associated with the M923A2's?

thank you very much for any info you can give me... I know there are a lot a very knowledgable guys out there and appreciate your advice!

:)
Trapper John good questions but how often and what are you doing when driving all these miles and time? Daily, weekly, once?

Trapperjohn

Hi Swiss! My plan is to drive it weekly to monthly around town with long drives to football games, music festivals, etc. Basically a tailgating vehicle, so needs to be roadworthy.