• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Buying my first Deuce

minidude0

Well, I registered after seeing all these people with awesome war machines. And after looking at some many, I am looking to pick up my own. Being a noob, I don't know nearly anything about the Deuce, so I am hoping you guys/gals can give me some information. These are some of the things I'm looking for...

-5 Grand or under
-Near Ohio (United States)
-Something that is a project but doesn't require years to work.

From you guys I'd like
-Some information on what it should include
-Just some stuff that might go wrong...
-Information that every Deuce owner should know.
Thanks in advance
~Mini

scooter01922

I have been hanging around here for a few months now and am also looking forward to getting a deuce. The biggest reccomendation i see given around here is the SEARCH function. That should answer a lot of questions. Failing that just go the the deuce forum section and start reading, in a few hours time you will have a much better grasp of the truck, if it happens to a deuce i'm sure it's in there. In reading TONS of posts i can say that your list looks entirely realistic, IMO you ought be able to find something in pretty nice shape for that kind of money.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd go to the deuce forum and read all the stickys. Then I'd go to the TM section and download TM 9-2320-361-10 and TM 9-2320-361-20 for starters. That will give you lots to read and get started.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
At the top of the deuce forum, there are some stickies..read them. Download at least the TM 9-2320-361-10 operators manual and read that. Shop around and, if possible, have someone who has a bit of knowledge on what you wanna get go with you to check it out. Use the member locator map and see if someone is close. Ask questions..no question is dumb, you learn new things daily. Don't be afraid to ask for help.
BTW, welcome!

minidude0

gimpyrobb said:
Where in Ohio? Are you looking for an m35 series only? I know where an xm211 is at for a decent price.

my reaction: WTF are you talkin bout?

I live in Ashland county, Northern Ohio.

And where can I download this manual?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Well thats why I was asking. Some people want a slant nose and some want an M35. Kip's deuce is very nice. Why he doesn't post a link to his classified add is beyond me. :)

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's not like I have been on this site all that long but gimpyrobb asked a simple question.
kipman, oifvet, gimpyrobb and myself are all in Ohio and are willing to help.

Ashland is close to Adelman's but like kipman says, he has a clean one for sale.

steve

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If you click on "Forum" in the grey bar at the top of the page, then scroll down, you will find the gov liquidation section. There is lots for you to read there.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
kipman's deuce will be a whole lot cheaper than that A3 will go for! A WHOLE lot! Get with him. I've seen the truck. It's nice!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks