• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

buying parts is terrible.

cotypowers

first off im new to this forum and so far what i have read is very informational. and since i had just bought an old military truck figured id sign up. so i have an 87 D30 with 82k miles on it single cab old seabee truck. but i am having the worst time trying to find parts for it. i go to napa oreilly's and have to guess at parts normally i either try 86 k30 or 87 V30. which has worked for me so far. until i had to buy a power steering pump. had a little trouble finding one. finally matched the numbers a napa. and got the reservoir put on the new pump. and the pully can be put on by hand. i assume you are already aware that its a press pully. any advice? i have tried ordering a new one but i cant find the pully anywhere gm discontinued the part. part #14067701. and any good places to buy parts would be great.

cucvrus

When you order/buy parts for the CUCV line of trucks 1984-1987 you order all the parts for a 1984 K30 and a 1984 K5 Blazer with a 6.2 J code engine. There are a few exceptions to the rule. Motor mounts being one of them. But for the most part do not mention that it is a military truck and just use 1984 Chevrolet as a guide line and you will be better off. I know it was confusing because I had parts guys say I have no listing for military Chevy and they may not. But you can get most things and information you want just by asking here and someone else that owns one of these trucks for a while. I hope that helps. Have a nice day.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The parts TM's have the GM part numbers in them which the parts stores should be able to crossover to their part number.
TM9-2320-289-20P.pdf
TM9-2320-289-20P Unit maintenance and depot maintenance parts and special tool lists for CUCV

TM9-2320-289-34p.pdf
TM9-2320-289-34P Direct support and general support maintenance repair parts and special tools lists.

All the TM's can be downloaded here ;
[h=1]TM's for the CUCV[/h]

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rock Auto is a good source for parts. They have a lot of trim pieces also. Use 1984 K30 or similar civilian vehicle model when you look for parts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks