• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bypassing crappy starter circut?

southdave

I am research the Idea of bypassing all the crappy design of CCUCV. Here what I am thinking, Basically hot wiring the starter with breaker or fuse to push button start button from a M-151. elimting the whole relay issue. I will keep the key for the ascess. and feeding power to the engine. Am I peaing up rope with this Idea?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is your goal?

southdave

What is your goal?
To reudce some of the potentail of failing relays or burning up starters I only have 4 in stock. I want to use this truck as daily driver. I have already bypassed the glow plugs with the push button, as you suggested. Maybe this Idea will nearly bullet proof the starting system? In short I have put alot into rebuilding this gem a got for 290 buck. I have rebuilt the motor to accept a 6.5 turbo, swaped in a rebuilt T700r4. I still need to go though the brakes and supendsion. Paranoid to have it plagde with electrical issues

Attachments