• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

C&c dumpbed install hydraulic fitting questions

rickdavis81

I’m installing my dumpbed kit from c&c and have a hydraulic question but they’re closed. Hoping one of you have done this. One of the 4 orb hydraulic fittings is different. Looks to maybe have a flow restriction built in. Any idea which port it goes to. It’s not in the instructions.

Attachments

tobyS

This is just a guess, but it would be in the push side. Here is why I say that. Some systems have a check valve that requires pressure on the down side control line that prevents it from coming down fast and under load, should a line break.

I have no idea if your kit includes a pilot operated check, but I can see why one would want it to come down slow and just put a restriction there. If it goes up too slow....excruciatingly slow...you could put in a pilot check safety valve and drill the fitting out.

davidb56

Not enough info and pics. is the tank integrated with the pump and control valve? is it all solenoid operated? Most dump rams are single acting and only have one line going to them at the base. The flow control vale is often built into the combination pump/control valve. If its not, then like TobyS said, a pilot operated (the pilot lifts the ball check at a desired flow) check valve would be in line. Free flow up, under pressure, restricted flow down. the one fitting "plug" looking thing is a flow restrictor, thats sometimes used on a system that has the pump power supply solenoid operated, not constantly running and dumping back to the tank, like on a snow plow. They also can sometimes put that at the return to tank, or the return port on a hydraulic control valve.

rickdavis81

Not enough info and pics. is the tank integrated with the pump and control valve? is it all solenoid operated? Most dump rams are single acting and only have one line going to them at the base. The flow control vale is often built into the combination pump/control valve. If its not, then like TobyS said, a pilot operated (the pilot lifts the ball check at a desired flow) check valve would be in line. Free flow up, under pressure, restricted flow down. the one fitting "plug" looking thing is a flow restrictor, thats sometimes used on a system that has the pump power supply solenoid operated, not constantly running and dumping back to the tank, like on a snow plow. They also can sometimes put that at the return to tank, or the return port on a hydraulic control valve.
It is a all in one unit, tank, pump and solenoid with a double acting ram.

Attachments

rickdavis81

I guess I should of googled the part number on it. Pulled up as a load control valve and tells where to install. You guys were right. I work with hydraulics but we use flow control valves and haven’t ran into these before. We also don’t work with stuff where a blown hose could drop something on you.

tobyS

If all else fails....read the instructions. Just joking.

I doubt that your pump can do a lot more than 3.5 gal/minute, so any changes to get more flow (thus less time) would not gain much. Place to put it is the push side of the cylinder...correct?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks