• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cab Reinforcement Plates

dabtl

I am running another batch of the cab reinforcement plates this next week.

Pictures of the product are at: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce-...7-m66-gun-ring-reinforcement-plates-here.html

I hope to be able to price them once again at $150 delivered to you. I need to know how many of you want one or more.

They sold out rapidly last time, so commit now or you may not be able to find one in the future.

This is a not for profit deal to help you keep on trucking.
:-D

dabtl

If you have a M66 ring mount, a M2 machine gun and shoot it a lot, the cab comes apart without one. Use the search for pics in other threads.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Try driving in a plowed feild or down a bumpy road with a M2 on the ring mount without one . You will see. lol

Please post a pic , id like to see how they go on , might need one here also!:-D

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dabtl, I will take one, (possibly two, waiting for a buddy to respond about one for his deuce he plans to put a gun ring on).

I'm sure someone has some better pictures, but here are a couple of one installed.

Cheers

Edit- Okay, this is for an M35A3, it is different from the regular one.

Attachments

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Rory, mine are WAY different. Is that a specialty plate? What is that a mount for(with the 4 bolt holes)? My plates are streight across, no V notch.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gimpy, I thought that was a standard type plate, but I haven't ever seen another one in person, so I may have just embarrassed myself...
I took those pics in an M35A3, the extra stuff is for attaching the shoulder belts. I want to add something like that in my 813 since I am paranoid about a passenger head butting the dash in a collision. I am on the hunt for either a takeout set, or a refit kit.
Or were you referring to the flat plate thing? If so I don't have a clue, sorry.

Here are a couple that show the rest of the seatbelt mount.

Cheers

Ediit- just looked at the pics on the other thread, yep waaay different. Still work for me though.

Attachments

Last edited:

dabtl

Check out Fig. 318, pg. 318-1, Group 3307 in TM 9-2320-361-34P for the installation in the M35. This is the same for some of the 5 ton trucks also, but it is not the one in the pic by Rory. You will easily discern the difference.

Barrman

Rory,
Look at Sermis' big truck the next time you or there or at the air show in a few weeks. He has a NOS one installed. Way different than yours.

ida34

I have one installed in my truck that was installed by the military and it is just like the one being sold. I had pictures but they are probably on the old site. Even the weight of ring mount can deform and crack the cab. If you are planning on having a ring mount I would plan on installing one of these.

miltruckman

In the photos by M813Rc earlier in this post. What is the extra peice of metal bolted to the top edge of the rear of the cab? I found one on a truck last year and removed it, it has what looks like a hood latch on one end. But I don't know what it is for? It was in a truck with the cab reinforcement but there were too many pop rivets in that and I wimped out and didn't remove the larger part.

jwaller

you guys that are mounting rings should also get the top plate for the back of the cab where the hard top would normall attach. it helps that area as well.

TedG

Bill,

If I understand what you are saying, it is to to keep the back of the bench seat up/holds it in place for sitting. I guess that it keep it from moving forward with and without a person sitting in it. I have a truck with this hood latch installed.

Regards,