• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cab Tilt Clearance

csoledade

Tried searching first and did not find the information.

The TM says:

"Cab height when raised is higher than normal. Ensure area above andin front of cab is adequate before raising cab. Failure to comply mayresult in damage to equipment."

Does anyone know how much clearance you need to tilt the cab successfully on a M1078? How much longer the vehicle becomes with the cab tilted? I am trying to ensure my steel building workspace will allow the cab to be tilted indoors.

Thank you!

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You'll want at least 6' in front of the cab. It leans forward a good amount. I'd say to play it safe and not have to duck around it, 10' max. As far as height, I know someone will chime in, but measure from the front bottom corner of the cab to the top rear corner of the cab, and then add a foot or two for just in case.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In full tilt the upper front edge of the cab (including marker lights) is approximately 40" in front of the bumper. The "peak" of the back of the cab/roof would then be approximately 11' high. Hope that helps.