• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cab top again

ajg6989

I got the caved in area over the bench seat fixed but over the drivers seat will be harder. I tried the jack and 2x4 but dont want to push too hard on the seat. I have the old box seat. Was thinking I could fold the seat up and make a platform out of 2x4 to fit over the box.

TacticalTruck

How 'bout rolling the door glass down and spanning across the whole cab from the top of each door? Be careful not to over load the two small bolts holding the top to the windshield. I've had pretty good luck using a sledge with the handle verticle and hitting the top with the side of the hammer in an upward thrust.
Jeff

spentshell

Speaking of LAYING down in the seat has anybody ever tried to.......... well nevermind. Im interested to see how the top comes out mine has the same problem.

acetomatoco

Take it off and work on it in the shop... only a few bolts and then you can repaint the rust on top of the windshield frame and the top of the rear panel of the cab and put the neverseize on all the fasteners and silicone on the gaskets, etc. And yes, the horizontal mambo has been accomplished on the machine gunner's platform...although the deck tread prints on her posterior were not pretty