• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cable to starter solenoid terminal

2deuce

The nut came loose on the solenoid and it didn't take long for the connector to melt. Now I need a new connector for the end of the power cable that connects to the starter solenoid main copper terminal. Any ideas where I can order one? and the wire size required? I struck out at napa, even for a generic right angle one. I would rather buy one made for this application than bend a straight generic one if possible.

Thanks

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Might try your local alternator/starter rebuild shop.
They usually have those.
If not, they should be able to point you in right direction.

Your best bet is probably the junkyard.
Grab one or two and be done with it.

cucvrus

The nut came loose on the solenoid and it didn't take long for the connector to melt. Now I need a new connector for the end of the power cable that connects to the starter solenoid main copper terminal. Any ideas where I can order one? and the wire size required? I struck out at napa, even for a generic right angle one. I would rather buy one made for this application than bend a straight generic one if possible.

Thanks
I have the cable complete if you need one. I am open for trades. It has the correct clocking end on it and all. Do it right the first time. No hacking it. Do or do not. There is NO try.

2deuce

I'm not sure how most of you guys change a starter, but I have always found it difficult to attach the wiring and the end brace and get everything tight. I have to get the job done on my back under the truck(m1009). This time I removed the rubber axle stop with the bracket and found it easy to reattach the brace and wiring. Maybe this is the way everyone does it and I'm just learning, but I'm taking off that bracket next time too... much easier.
Thanks cucvrus for the offer, but I had to get this running so I reshaped the terminal(not ideal like the complete cable you have)attached it tight and it's back up and running.
I don't know of any wrecking yards around here with 80's era trucks, everything old like that got scrapped. Possibly away from the city my chances will be better. I'll keep my eyes open.
Thanks