• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cadillac gage peacekeeper

kcimb

Anyone have one?

found a few for sale. Have never been in one, but I understand they’re a late 70s dodge one ton truck with a cadalloy Hull.

Buck Wampum

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be aware that many of these Peacekeepers are still part of the 1033 property program. Indeed, a LE agency can still request a Peacekeeper via the 1033 program to this very day.
See:

As you may know, vehicles in the 1033 program CANNOT be legally sold, they must be returned to DLA. Unfortunately, turnover at police departments can mean that the officers who obtained the vehicle for their agency via 1033 process end up retiring, and then, say, 15 years later when the vehicle is worn out, the current LEO's think they can sell it as excess/obsolete property. They can't, not legally anyhow.

So, be VERY sure that the Peacekeeper you are buying has not been part of a 1033 loan program.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
To add to the above, if you do buy one that was 1033, no matter how pure your intent or that of the agency that sold it to you, if the Feds come take it back (which they very likely will) they will NOT refund your money!

I've driven ones owned by the city I worked for (ours were ex-USAF), they don't pose any problems to someone with some experience driving military vehicles. They are a tad top-heavy, so you don't want to go ripping around corners with one. I wouldn't call them tippy or unstable, just heavy.
If the a/c isn't working (ours usually wasn't) you can drive it with those big ol' side doors locked open for plenty of ventilation.
Some of the guys hated driving them, I liked them.

Cheers

Buck Wampum

Steel Soldiers Supporter

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have one. When I got it, it was fairly complete. I am looking for some parts though. In particular, the wiper motor and linkage, correct winch, as well as the bearing for the turret. A spare two piece rim would not hurt either. Does anyone have any parts manuals?

I would like to eventually replace my ballistic glass as well, but the quotes I got for all the glass (quoted May 2022) was nowhere near what the asking price is on ebay. Plus, direct from the manufacturer, I also get the certs.

Z

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have one. When I got it, it was fairly complete. I am looking for some parts though. In particular, the wiper motor and linkage, correct winch, as well as the bearing for the turret. A spare two piece rim would not hurt either. Does anyone have any parts manuals?

I would like to eventually replace my ballistic glass as well, but the quotes I got for all the glass (quoted May 2022) was nowhere near what the asking price is on ebay. Plus, direct from the manufacturer, I also get the certs.

Z
I think I still have my paper license for these. 12 years as an operator in SAC. Any questions yell!

And for the love of GOD please Cummins swap it.

Buck Wampum

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Z
Who is the manufacturer? I'm trying to find blocks for a V-100 and I'm wondering who still makes them

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I spoke to securglass armoring company based out of Mississippi-- they asked for dimensional drawings and if possible when the time comes to pull the trigger, the old glass pieces to confirm precise measurements off of-- I got a rough price of about 6k to custom manufacture a set of all the requisite glass pieces, fully certed.

Before that, I also spoke with O'gara Hess back in 2021--- they were a bit more and would only sell to an entity with a CAGE code (but thats a moot point since they are going T/U).

My conversations with these guys was enlightening-- without certs on the glass, it cannot be used for official activities (think swat, armored bank car, etc.) which essentially makes the glass worth a fraction of what it would be if you had the certs. Since I never plan to drive mine into a firefight, I don't really care if I have the certs-- but of course I would then pay accordingly.

I am still a ways off from having to worry about the glass-- what I would like to do is lift the hull completely off the chassis so I can rehab that and maybe beef up the suspension a little. I saw pics where these look to be a little raised to fit hmmwv wheels/tires under them. I would not be opposed to a repower too but I also want to consider what it would do to value if I ever decide to sell it. Essentially, I would like to maintain originality as much as possible while at the same time ensuring any mods can be undone easily. Exceptions to that rule for me are brakes and the ac system (converting it to r134).

On a side note, I would love to give it a nod to Mad Max with a pair of BBP beacons and an original loctronics LTS siren (pipe dreams really when you look at what those are bringing on the market-- I could almost afford another peacekeeper with what I would have to pay for those few pieces-- hehe)

I also have some pics saved of one that has probably the heaviest duty headlight guards I have ever seen which I would like to one day replicate.

Z

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks