• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cadillac Solenoid TDM & Operating Temps

erasedhammer

So my humvee came with the TDM unplugged and never thought that much of it, I've only ever had it plugged in once and the temps ran at 190 in 60 degree weather.

In the summer when its in the 80s the truck runs at 180 with the fan always on. Now (avg daily temps are around 60) truck has been running at 160. How cold is too cold? and how much does temperature effect mileage, if at all?

My Cadillac solenoid also hisses, should I loosen the hose clamp and put a rubber band underneath or a small piece of rubber in one place? What does the rubber do to the solenoid to stop the hissing?

Bravojmc

So my humvee came with the TDM unplugged and never thought that much of it, I've only ever had it plugged in once and the temps ran at 190 in 60 degree weather.

In the summer when its in the 80s the truck runs at 180 with the fan always on. Now (avg daily temps are around 60) truck has been running at 160. How cold is too cold? and how much does temperature effect mileage, if at all?

My Cadillac solenoid also hisses, should I loosen the hose clamp and put a rubber band underneath or a small piece of rubber in one place? What does the rubber do to the solenoid to stop the hissing?
Id plug it back in and make sure everything is working the way it should. 160 for a diesel is low... 2 low. 190 in these trucks are completely normal. 190-200 then when temp goes up to 215-220 fan kicks on and down she goes to 190-200. As for the hissing, that's normal and I'd put rubber around the caddy valve and the noise goes away! Wrap it completely around the valve.

teteacher101

Id plug it back in and make sure everything is working the way it should. 160 for a diesel is low... 2 low. 190 in these trucks are completely normal. 190-200 then when temp goes up to 215-220 fan kicks on and down she goes to 190-200. As for the hissing, that's normal and I'd put rubber around the caddy valve and the noise goes away! Wrap it completely around the valve.
Ditto that. Mine started hissing louder than normal one day-or maybe I was just sick of listening to it- either way a noise that sounds like a bag of snakes under your dash is annoying. So I went to my local hardware store an bought a 2in rubber coupling for PVC pipe, I then trimmed an notched it with a utility knife to make it fit around it. It also comes with hose clamps an it fits it perfectly-looks like its made for it. So $5 an 15 minutes, the bag-o-snakes is gone!