• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Caiman 6x6 MRAP chassis from Zion Illinois to Riverhead New York

Unclebob77721

I'm hoping someone out there can help me out. I've gotten ******* by to many brokers promising you one thing and not delivering on anything. I have a Caiman 6x6 MRAP rolling chassis (no engine and cab) ready to be picked up at 3100 20th St. Zion, Illinois, 60099. Pick up can only be between 7am-3pm, Monday-Friday. Jerry is the contact person at the pick up location and his number is 847-731-3300.

The delivery address is 1191 West Main St., Riverhead, New York, 11901. Drop off can be any day of the week, at any time, and I'm the contact person, Bob Grego and my number is 631-838-5112. This is a business to business delivery with plenty of room for a semi with a trailer to maneuver. The chassis will be loaded with a folk lift at the pick up location and rolled off at the delivery address, so ramps are a must.

The chassis has all 4 shackles at the tie down points, so securing the chassis should be a breeze. The chassis is 8' wide x 7' tall x 24' long and weighs around 12,000 lbs. It's only around 920 miles and around 15 hours driving, so I have budgeted $2,000 total (cash on delivery) for this move.

If you want to stay on sight overnight to pick up another load the next day so you don't have to deadhead on the way back, that's no problem, there's even a shower available if you wanted. I'll try to do anything I can to make this happen sooner instead of later. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Unclebob77721

I cant help ya with delivery, but always cool to see more people on LI in the hobby. Good luck with shipping!
Thanks. I'm building an Expedition RV on a 2002 Stewart and Stevenson M1096A1 I sourced from GovPlanet a couple of months ago. It has the low speed axles in it, that's why I bought the MRAP Chassis, it has the high speed axles. Once I swap them out, I'll have those low speed axles to sell or barter for other parts I'll need for the build, if you know of anyone that might be interested in them. I will also have the Allison transmission, fuel tank and miscellaneous other parts off the MRAP Chassis I'm looking to sell/barter with. Off of the 2002 M1096A1 I'll have the 20 1/2' bed with the troop seating, cargo hoops and cover available also. I also have brand new, never mounted, stored inside Goodyear 395/85R20 MVT tires available, along with 1 brand new and 2 used/tested and working CTIS modules. If anyone out there is interested in any of these things, let me know. Thanks

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
United States of Freight, a site sponsor here. My experiences have all been positive & they’ll make a sincere effort to help you out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks