• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

California Police Vehicle Weight Limit

deuceaid

Banned
I was born ,raised, and live in california, after reading this article PLEASE SHOOT ME ON SIGHT!!!! PLEASE!!!
not al of us are TOTAL MORONS...and I am tired of being surounded by them.:cry:

moosejr

not ALL of CA!!

That thing is ridiculous on so many levels, but don't blame it on CA, blame it on San Joaquin County.
The first big issue is that they didn't even check to make sure it was legal in CA?
Second, that much weight on a single axle? Emergency response? That thing would get stuck in a gravel driveway!!!
CA would require a class B commercial license for normal driving, but CA has a specific exception to the CDL (commercial drivers license) for emergency response.
That thing looks like a serious albatross spec'd out by an idiot that knows nothing about commercial vehicles.
Why does it take 3 deputies to drive a truck across the country?
One would think that they could make a deal between the county and the manufacturer to get the modification done by a local shop. .
I think it is all that sun in the valley cooking their brains!!!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can just hear the static crackle on the police scanner now.....

<static crackles>
"Attention ALL CHiPs (and Flakes, too)! We have an APB on a two-axle overweight vehicle departing San Bernadino County enroute to Ohio. Be on the lookout for this criminal activity. No permits have been issued for this trip and the drivers are known to be armed and dangerous(-ly foolish)! Exercise extreme caution, detain, cite, and apprehend as often as possible as they attempt to escape our once great state."

So Sad:cry:

998Junkie

Why does it take 3 deputies to drive a truck across the country?
!

No kidding...the article is poorly written. it's a 5,000 mile and 11 day trip (according to the story)for 3 deputies to go to Ohio. It's 2500 miles one way at an average of 50 mph it should take two days (each deputy doing 8 hour shifts driving). I'm guessing that the repairs are only expected to take 7 days?

The people of Stockton should be proud.

Michael

That second article is even worse than the first. The meals and lodging is outright ludicrous. $3,638.90 in lodging. They will spend five nights, from Oct. 4 to Oct. 8, in Ohio at $127.46 per person. During the five nights on the road, the hotels will cost $115 per person. Where are they staying and what are they eating for that kind of money? Why can't the drivers share a room and the lieutenant fly out when the job is done, inspect the vehicle, then fly home the same or the next day?

I don't think we are belittling the LEOs here, just the screwy math the politicians are using.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
LA County Sheriff Emergency Operations Bureau (EOB) has one and maybe two, if I'm correct, of these emergency operations vans. Saw at least one at the big "Station" fire command post. However, they have twin screw tandems on the rear. We also have tractor/trailer set ups. They are equipped with all the latest communication hardware.

Deputies who operate these vehicles, including our inmate transportation buses, all undergo appropriate training and possess the proper class of license.

The majority of the time us Deputies have very little input on how our equipment is designed. Its a sad reality we all work with.

Last edited:

deuceaid

Banned
Why cant it be loaded on a tofc railcar and shipped just like all the other UPS trucks

tofc....Trailer On Flat Car..why dont we post this in other areas so as to be seen in the media( larger media)....

or why cant the fix it parts be shipped to ca and it be repaired in that unit's repairshop?
Oh that would imply that there are competent state employees in kalifornya,,,,,sorry I didnt think this post thru.

I love the scene in Superman where the west toast sinks into the pacifiedific

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks