• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Came up with an easy fix for sagging canvas Trap/Covers that looks correct

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Someone else may have done this but I haven't seen it. The problem with covers on trailers or truck is over time they sag between the bows and they start to hold water and this causes more sagging. I have seen wood, electrical conduit and even plywood on top of the bows but none of them looked right at all. I was trying to figure out a better way to fix the problem and my son suggested using rope and we did and it worked out great and looks like it should be there. Again if this is old news sorry.

Mark

20140805_111509.jpg

20140805_114902.jpg

pinz-with-trailer-002.jpg

I'm going to have to try this. My cover is nice and tight but in between the bows it holds water. I try tto park my truck on a side incline so it won't but it still does sometimes.

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine has seen heavy rain a number of times now and it has worked flawlessly. I did have to tighten the rope twice as it stretched, I started at the front pulling to the next bow and so on with two wraps of rope and one half hitch. I used 1/2" Manila rope and for the ends I used 5/8" shrink wrap tubing.

Let me know how it worked out.

Mark

Sometimes the simplest fixes can get overlooked.

MDSA

This is what is recommended for the M37.

I also used plywood. At one time I had an M101 for storage. It was cheaper than a shed at the time. But being under a tree, I slid a single sheet of thin plywood under the cover to prevent falling branches from poking through and stopped puddling.

Attachments