• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Camp Beauregard M1009 Recovery

Buckmaw

Great folks at Camp Beauregard in Pineville, Louisiana, no hassles at the gate...
Good directions to where I needed to go...

It took about 45min to get everything ready and to load.
Here it is ready to roll...

My iphone was taking some weird pics...

They had to jump the truck from a Humvee, but it started right up.

I was playing with it when I got home for a few and put together a small list to start troubleshooting.

Alternators are not charging - Will jump from the front battery, but only reading 16vdc across both batteries when running.

Small fuel leak - will investigate during daylight.

Will start easy, will idle for 5min then die. Seriously, just die, like someone flipped a switch and shut it off. I have no idea, but its probably related to the
fuel leak.

Everything else is in one piece. A couple of very small.rust spots will get fixed.
Got a jack and handle but no spare
Radio Rack is there with the shock mount and speaker still attached.
Rifle racks are there.

The add said the back glass was broken, but they were wrong, the glass is there and in one piece.

I will snap some more pics tomorrow... 1100 miles in 20 hours, I'm pooped..

Also they were nice enough to leave it with a full tank of diesel.

Attachments

niferous

I'm surprised they left the antenna on there. That is something that even in the Army was always hard to come by. They snap somewhat easy and units are always stealing other units.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks