• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Camp Delta at Tower Park Fall Meet in CA Sept 18-25, 2011

Major Asstyrd

The second largest annual MV event in the West is Sept. 18-25! This is the Fall version of the famous Camp Delta at Tower Park rally and flea market every April. Located at the Stockton/Delta KOA, near Lodi, CA, 6 miles west of I-5 on State Route 12. Pro and amateur vendors-bring your stuff! No vendor fee, just your paid KOA campsite rental. No day use admission charge. No MV registration fee. Expanded parking this year on the levee! Restaurant, bar, marina, store. Featuring "All Internationals Display" - see the MVCC Forum post on G503.com. For all info go to www.mvccnews.net and go to Events > September. Campers contact KOA directly for Fall event reservations (for the big Spring Meet see the April listing for special camping info). Ask for Campground 4! Hotel info is posted. Best days are Wed-Sat. Photos of past Camp Delta at Tower Park events are in the Gallery section off the home page.

FRAG ORDER: Displays planned for APRIL 2012 are the "Concours d'Eleguns" for MVs with mounted or towed ordnance, "Engineer and Other Work Trucks" (both on Friday) and just added, "All IHC Trucks" Saturday afternoon. If anybody needs more info let me know.

Last edited:

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm planning to go. I have a few things to sell but can't spend the night.
I plan to roll out there for a day or 1/2 day on the 19th or 20th. I plan to spend the day on Saturday the 24th.

BTW, some stuff I have for sale:
I have 10 new 11.00 X 20.00 NTDs never mounted.
I have 1 LDT465 1D sealed in the crate. Rebuilt 1992
I have 1 NOS M35 canvas cargo cover and end curtains.

Please chime in on your potential schedule so I can meet up with some fellow SS members.

Last edited:

Major Asstyrd

I'm planning to go. I have a few things to sell but can't spend the night.
I plan to roll out there for a day or 1/2 day on the 19th or 20th. I plan to spend the day on Saturday the 24th.

BTW, some stuff I have for sale:
I have 10 new 11.00 X 20.00 NTDs never mounted.
I have 1 LDT465 1D sealed in the crate. Rebuilt 1992
I have 1 NOS M35 canvas cargo cover and end curtains.

Watch it - you will make the far away guys jealous with your talk of commuting!

That's some good stuff for sale. Also I noticed in your sig you have an Indian 741. I have an Indian 640. We were thinking of doing a large motorcycle/scooter display next April but there is now more of a push by some people to have an "all IHC" display instead. So maybe we can do a more casual line-up of bikes and a photo opp. If your bike is fairly together how about bringing it next April? Some people would like to see the differences in the two models and having a WLA there would be good too. We'll push for a bigger bike thing in April 2013.

In case anyone cares, either of those displays were going to be the third, and smallest, of the scheduled showcases. We prefer to not schedule this many because it creates some conflicts for some. But the cornbinder folks are getting crazy for attention!

FYI, we will announce on the MVCC website next week that the headlining display for April 2013 will be US Navy and USMC vehicles. Lots of time left to chip rust and paint.

pat038536

I might be able to make it for part of the day Sunday, have to get a move permit for the day(s) since mine is currently in non-op status. I would of gone to the TDS event this past weekend but it conflicted with a prior engagement.

Major Asstyrd

I might be able to make it for part of the day Sunday, have to get a move permit for the day(s) since mine is currently in non-op status. I would of gone to the TDS event this past weekend but it conflicted with a prior engagement.
Sunday is pull out day so not good to arrive then. Probably some last minute bargains though, although Saturday is best for deals before it goes back on the trailer. Some start leaving Saturday afternoon because they've been there for days so arriving early is best. Or Wednesday / Thursday if possible. Although we bill the Spring and Fall events as seven days, and people do start showing up that weekend before especially in the April, it doesn't really pick up until Tuesday p.m.-Wednesday a.m.

pat038536

Sunday is pull out day so not good to arrive then. Probably some last minute bargains though, although Saturday is best for deals before it goes back on the trailer. Some start leaving Saturday afternoon because they've been there for days so arriving early is best. Or Wednesday / Thursday if possible. Although we bill the Spring and Fall events as seven days, and people do start showing up that weekend before especially in the April, it doesn't really pick up until Tuesday p.m.-Wednesday a.m.
I meant Sunday the 18th.

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Would of loved to have towed my M43 wthere behind my M35A2 but, I have to finish the M35 restore first.

I just do not want to show up half finished!

Major Asstyrd

Would of loved to have towed my M43 wthere behind my M35A2 but, I have to finish the M35 restore first.

I just do not want to show up half finished!
Are the trucks in Bishop? That would be an interesting trip. Would you go the short way over the Sierras? That would be heroic.

Major Asstyrd

my 741 indian is finished and in excellent condition. i have a space reserved for spring already.
Nice. I probably won't show up until next Wednesday so look me up when you get back on Saturday. Camp #297 in Fall, #386 in Spring. Maybe we can figure out a way to contact more military motorcycle and scooter folks in the West to get a big display happening in the future.

Major Asstyrd

Fall 2011 activities schedule is hot off the presses. Here it is. We will post it around plus KOA will have them for you at the office. Should be a good swap meet. If you will be making reservations, go through KOA for the Fall event. ID yourself as with the military vehicle event and ask for Campground 4. They are trying to funnel civilians into Campground 2 for the Fall meets only. See www.mvccnews.net in the Event area for all the info.

Attachments