• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can anyone help me identify these?

Hey all. I am new to the site, so this is my first question. Can anyone identify or fill me in on these trucks?
M766 truck, chassis, 2.5-ton 6x6 thru to M788 truck, auger, 2.5-ton 6x6.
I know of the M44 or M35 deuces, the earlier M135-series, but what are these 700-series trucks? Maybe Military Assistance Program designations? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Will.

jasonjc

I think those were the truck built for Norway or some place around there. They had a few things that were diferent like locker in the axles and some stuff like that.

What is the source of those designations? The only place I have seen numbers/descriptions close to what you have listed are on a "master llist" of M numbers posted here some time ago and also on Wikipedia. Not all of the descriptions on that list were complete and/or accurate.

I will check my 'bible', Fred Crismon's U.S. Military Wheeled Vehicles, but I'll be surprised if they're in there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks