• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can anyone tell me what batterys should be in my 71 deuce

Bugoutwhistler

I got my Deuce a week ago and it runs great, but the batterys are not the right ones and are going dead before the truck starts up . Any ideas anyone ? I work on cars and motorcycles often but this is all new

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How long does it take for your truck to start?

What size batteries do you have now? Are they good?

Do you shut off the light switch everytime?

Is there any draw on the batteries with everything off?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Go to any auto parts store and ask for a group 27 or 31 battery but something bugs me.

You say the battery dies before the truck starts. It should start right up if it cranks over for a few seconds. Have you given any thought to looking for the reason it's not starting right up? You might have a weak or faulty in-tank pump and you aren't getting enough fuel to start right up.

Just a thought.

And like everyone will tell (usually it's me) you to learn to use search, this has all been covered.

Bugoutwhistler

like I said I just got the truck and I am not the greatest at the computer searching for things , I think that it is loosing its prime after I shut it off and then I try to start it back up and its just spins and the batterys are junk and just slow down, one I know is totaly wrong . I have not realy dug into this thing yet . I did fix a bad wire job the last guy did for the external pump, but i do not hear the in tank one running , The guy I got it from said he put a new injection pump on it ,I see fuel on the lines, and after seeing his wire job I wonder if it has a air leak. I didnot check for a draw on the system yet , Just thought I would get some ideas from You guys , A friend said that this was a great place to find help before I do something I did't have to

Last edited:

steelandcanvas

I'm confused, does it have an in-tank lift pump, or an external? You say you can't hear the in-tank pump, but you repaired the wiring on the external one. What do you have?? What do you have to do to make it start? Have you downloaded the Operator's Manual yet? The troubleshooting Manuals? They are available in the resources Section, just under the Steel soldiers banner. Download these Manuals so you can follow along while we help you troubleshoot.

Last edited: