• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

can someone in SC look at a truck for me?

Adowden71

Hi there, I need some help. Currently I am in Cincy, OH and looking at an ebay auction for a bobbed deuce in Blythewood,SC. Item # is 110515451239. The seller is a SS member. Would someone be able to look at the truck for me and give me their feedback. Sorry it is short notice but the auction ends on 4-10.
I need to know what you think about it, is it mechanically sound enough to drive back to Cincy,Oh (600 miles).
Please PM the results of your inspection.
thanks in advance!

AceHigh

Just ask Joe to look out his window! :lol:

Seriously, we have been watching Joe build it for a while now. Good luck on the auction. BTW Joe is a great guy should you win it.

(Sure wish I could get in on it- but the stable is too full)

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I live pretty close to Joe, I don't know him that well personally, but have known him on the site for years. Seems like a fin upstanding guy. If he says it will make it, I'd bet dimes to donuts it will. But you should remember, that's a long trip, and there is always a possibility of problems cropping up that the former owner might not have known about.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have only met Joe once in person. Just PM him for his number, then call and ask what you need to know. I would trust him completely.

Last edited:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've met Joe twice. I would not waste my time having someone look at it. I'd take his word on its condition.:beer:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I bought a Deuce from Joe. He told me everything that was wrong with it before I ever even saw it and most of the stuff is stuff I wouldn't have seen until I got home. He was also very conservative with the description-he doesn't "inflate" how nice something is to make a sale.

I'd consider him to be one of the most reliable and honest people I know.

bassetdeuce

Joe helped me out with my first deuce. I needed it hauled off of Ft. Jackson, so he stepped up. Very reliable and nice guy. He even let me park the deuce in his back yard to prep it for the journey home. He pointed out a power plug on a pole in his backyard too, which allowed me to air up with my 120V compressor. :cool:

I remember those darn burrs that were all over the ground when I was crawling around under the truck, bleeding the brakes. They must have been seed pods from the trees.

Blythewoodjoe

I hate to chime in here, but I actually suggested he get someone to look at the truck. I tend to be too honest about this kind of stuff, but have changed my personal policy on ebay stuff and I now point out all the good stuff, ask everyone interested to come look at the item and answer any questions as honestly as possible, not that there is a "level" of honesty, it's like being pregnant, you either are or you aren't.

Anyway if any of you guys want to come out and look the truck over and give Adowden71 you observations, come on down. I hate selling stuff because I just feel like everything has to be perfect but when you're dealing with 40 year old stuff that has not be "restored" there is always something more that can be done. I live just off exit 27 on I-77 in Blythewood a couple of miles down the road from where the military vehicle collectors of SC have there stuff. I can be reached at 803-309-7928. The auction ends around mid-night Saturday. I drove the truck a couple of hours tonight to give it a shake down. It didn't overheat and it didn't use any oil. When I drove my deuce to Aberdeen I constantly watched those two gauges. Speaking from experience, I think anyone that would drive a deuce all day is nuts;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks