• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Canvas top repair

my blood flows OD

I'm posting this on this forum but really it would be good for all MV tops.
I got a top for the back of my 5 ton for next to nothing. Well ok I was picking up some other parts and the guy thru it in for free. If it's for free it for me!!!
The canvas had a few mouse holes in it. Like 7-8 holes golf ball to softball size.
so I did some looking around and found this leather stitcher on a YouTube video.
I went on Amazon and picked one up for under $20. I also bought a few spare spools of thread.
image.jpg
I also want to lowes and got some silicone. I wanted to get the loctite vynal adhesive but they don't sell it.image.jpg

I cut patches from an old M-105 cover.image.jpg

then I stitched it up.image.jpg

I am very happy with the end result. I just wish I could have found green tread.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks