• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Capacitor Assembly Identification

cmroles

Can somebody identify this component for me? The closest I could find was "Capacitor Assembly" on Page 54-1 of the -20P TM.

There appears to be 3 capacitors held together by a bracket attached to the driver-side firewall right next to the windshield washer pump. In my truck the capacitors are bypassed (harness plugged into itself).

Should I be concerned about this, or is it something leftover from equipment (radios?) that is no longer installed?

Attachments

cucv1833

theres a thread on here called "Make your wipers go fast-er " i read saying they bypassed the capacitors to make the wipers go faster. have a look hope this helps.. mine are still connected they said it works. someone will chime in for a proper answer

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tese are indeed capacitors/noise supressors for the Military Radios.

There are many of them on the CUCVs.

Unless you are running a Military Radio set, they are not neccerary and can be removed.

P.S. - Thanks for attemping to look up the parts before posting your quiestion. You learn more that way.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks