• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Carb fuel pressure

m37brat

How much fuel pressure will the carb on the M37 carb work with. I want to switch to an electric fuel pump but I don't want to overwhelm the carb.

Thanks, Jim

m37brat

I'm at the end of my knowledge base. I cannot figure out why my truck keeps flooding out. I've had the carb professionally rebuilt, I 've tried the original pump, a 24 volt electric pump, a 12 volt pump with half he pressure and a 24 volt pump with a pressure control on it and I still floods out. The truck runs fine for 10 or 15 minutes when it starts to bog down. If I let it just run it cuts out after about minutes and find raw gas in the Intake manifold. I can't figure what the problem is. I need help and new ideas. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Jim

Maybe The idle mixture ajustment scew is not ajusted and it's running to rich ? Did the rebuilder put the carburetor back on the engine or just rebuild it ?

The idle mixture adjustment and idle speed ajustment are made at the same time .
Engine idleing
Count the turns of the screw in case you need to return it to where it was .
Screw the idle adjestment screw in till it stops ( engine will start to die )
Back the screw out 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 turns
Adjust the idle speed screw .

This is how I have adjusted single barrel carburetors in the past .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks