• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Carb question

combat32

I have a 53 M37 and of course my truck has the ETW1 carb, but I found a parts truck a later B1 that has the B&B E7T2 carb, were these also used on the M37 while in service or was it a civilian carb that was swapped over to this truck later in it's life? thanks

vtdeucedriver

I have a 53 M37 and of course my truck has the ETW1 carb, but I found a parts truck a later B1 that has the B&B E7T2 carb, were these also used on the M37 while in service or was it a civilian carb that was swapped over to this truck later in it's life? thanks
Military always had the ETW1. If your still picking parts off that other one. If its not cracked, I would take the exhaust manifold. Just sayin

combat32

Its already on my get list as mine is in horrible shape, might as well get the carb as well but it is the above mentioned E7T2

vtdeucedriver

Its already on my get list as mine is in horrible shape, might as well get the carb as well but it is the above mentioned E7T2
I'm sure it worked fine for who put it on there but unless I needed the intake that it was sitting on, I would not have touched it but that's just me. Now if it still has the orig fuel pump................Id grab that too and the unique heat shield that's attached to it that is sometimes missing.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd grab everything I could, because if you don't need it, someone else will (as opposed to leaving parts to rot into the ground). I would suggest getting all the "branded" bolts (DPCD) and whatever "bits and pieces" (door handles, window cranks, bed stakes, hood latches, tool racks, bed seat parts, etc.) that you can.

Either you, or someone in the future will be glad you did.

Storm 51

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Believe me Combst32 is a pro at picking trucks clean. He knows the drill. :mrgreen:

combat32

Guess I have stripped a truck or two:) The heat shield for fuel pump is there alas no original pump, my list grows and grows. A buddy of mine who also owns an M37 is gonna take about half of it and I will get the other half, should only be the cab and frame left when we are done.Probably leave the block too as it is iffy and I have access to a couple of spare engines already.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Years ago I left way too many parts on trucks because "I can always come back and get them later....." Well, later either never came or somehow those trucks managed to get away from where I'd left them. Considering the condition of some of those trucks, that is truly a miracle.

Didn't mean to offend anybody, but I didn't know how experienced you were / are at this game.

Storm 51

combat32

No worries mate, I too have made that mistake in the past, never again.I was just in your neck of the woods last year my son is stationed at Ft. Lewis. I may come back in a year or so and would love to see your truck/gain some knowledge from a fellow M37 guy.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I spent some time at Madigan / Ft. Lewis many decades ago. I hope your son gets a chance to enjoy the area while he is here.

Please come by if you are up here again. I'm at the north end of Lake Washington (which is just north of Seattle).

It is always great to talk to other M-37 / M-42 owners. I might even try to talk you into adopting some of these orphan parts that have followed me home over the years. It's getting crowded.

Please let me know when you head back up this way and hopefully we can get together.

Storm 51

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks