• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

carfax to find out the true miles

84cucv1ton

a friend said that carfax does not work for military trucks. this true? have a truck i need to know about. anyone used it before thanks

tlm47201

It doesnt, as far as I know. The government never titles these trucks, in the comventional manner, and they never get taken to a dealer for warranty work, so no paper trail exists for them, as it does with civy vehicles.

papercu

arfax does not work for military trucks
Carfax does not wotk on many cars, all states do not keep those types of records. I wouldn't think the military would either. Carfax does have VIN and some records on your truck but I think you find the records will be of just infor on Chevy trucks of that era. You can google the VIN to see if it is correct. Wayne

jwaller

no way to find the info you want. you have to inspect each vehicle and determine for yourself what the true mileage is.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Carfax wont have any info on (ex)mil trucks...

TACOM will, but Im sure they wont share it with anyone.. The best you can hope for is what MEDLOG can tell you about the truck when you tell him the info about it..

Bobert

I did a carfax on mine before I bought it. It showed when it was sold from the military and the times it was sold after that.

I've been told that mine could be off 100,000 or so though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks