• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cargo bed stake pocket spacing?

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm thinking about sides for the M756 bed on my deuce and am wondering if the stake pockets are spaced the same as on the cargo trucks (M35's). The ctr-ctr spacing on the pipeline bed is 28 inches.
Meanwhile I'll take a look at some pictures in the parts manuals.
Thanks,

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmm, bed sides! I stopped by a remote equipment place in Pahokee FL yesterday to check out some stuff. I knew this guy was out here and had some military stuff. I was hoping that he bought the 2 pipeline trucks sold at Homestead a couple of years back. The were mostly stripped of pipeline stuff but did have bed sides. No luck with sides but the guy had a few deuces and 5 tons and a dozen or so cabs stripped off boned out trucks. Not a whole lot of goodys but I'l be trying to score some extra spring seats for a project I'm working on. He had 2 winch trucks and he usually deals with farmers and constr industry so when I go back I'm going to see if I can score a winch. Meanwhile, the search for pipeline bedsides continues!

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, Kenny, checking the manuals, the bedsides for the pipeline truck ARE different in that they can be removed by lifting them out of their pockets.
But, will the upper portion (with the wooden slats) fit in the bed pockets?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeahm they will fit. Keith Boda has a set of reular troop seats that he shortened the wood on for his pipeline truck. I won't cry if I never find bed sides but I'm going to look as long as I don't have them.
Kenny

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks