• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cargo bows and canvas

SquirrelsOnFIRE

I have been searching the web all week for fiberglass bows and uprights plus a standard green cargo cover for my 72' deuce. I have been getting crazy quotes on the two that i found. Does anyone know someone selling the fiberglass set. I do not want wood because of the rotting issue. Plus the two sets only come in tan. Thanks, MIKE.

Jimma

Check with pctrans on here as well as carnac. They often have them. Pctrans may have some new in the box. He has been known to have nice stuff in the past.

monkeythumbs

You could wait a couple of days and go to Aberdeen, I see you are located in Baltimore. Should be a vendor with something there that would fit your needs. Post a WTB on the "what you bringing to Abeerdeen " Thread or look through it and see if anyone is bringing what you desire already. Plenty of other events to find what you are lookinh for, but since you are near Abeerdeen I'd suggest there first.

Whitey

I'm in the club that runs the Aberdeen show and there's a good chance SS people will find most things they need, Carnac is usually a good contact for bows and covers, if anyone needs to deal with us it's Ajna, and she will delegate any SS duties to the closest member. I can be there from 4ish on Wed to pretty much the end. Any help prior to Thurs in regards to camping,..beer and good **** talk, you would be set. :cool:

Akicita

I have contacted several vendors who said the'll be in Aberdeen this year, and they will have NEW tarps and bows. The meet takes place at the Ripken stadium.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
LOL, mine will all be gone by then. Early bird.....

You can still buy them from the folks that buy from me and then mark them up 25% and resell them.

monkeythumbs

So...Squirrelsonfire did you find what you were looking for at Aberdeen ? I was there Friday saw a couple sets of both wood and fiberglass. Wood was cheaper , didn't see a posted price on the fiberglass sets. Just looking for an update, Thanks.

motomacguyver

There is a guy In my area who has some of the short fiberglass uprights 5 bucks each(used). However I don't see a website on his card. I didn't see enough of them to do a whole truck. But if you need a few....I could get you a couple next time I'm there and ship at cost. Also I have 2 WELL USED corner pieces that I would donate to the cause for the price of shipping.

03silverado

@Squuirrelsonfire if you didn't find the cover and bow set you want you can always wait till the show in Gilbert, Pa. and maybe some one would have them there thats generally in the fall its about 2.5 hours from where i am down in Millersville they also have alot of cool stuff trucks give rides in APC's Halftracks, and weasels.

SquirrelsOnFIRE

Thank you to everyone for responding so fast. I took the family to the Saturday swap and it just so happens that it rained all day and everyone started packing up when i got there. Just my luck. I will defiantly be going to the Gilbert, Pa. show. I did however find a paint supplier for the olive drab gloss paint that i was quoted 400.00 dollars a gallon for by Marty's paint supply's for almost 40.00 bucks a gallon there. Yes score! I also found a tire supplier for new tires. Now my search for a complete bed system remains. So any of you guys interested in selling a complete set that look like it came from the Vietnam era, i am your guy.(Green of course) Thanks Squirrels.

emr

Fiberglass bows ????????? If u want Vietnam U are in for all wood, and fyi wood will out last U with minor care, it is oak, and there are only mettle and wood bows,and only fiberglass and wood stays or uprights, Well there are the shortys that are mettle but thats another story... :)... just so U know... good luck, I happen to have a set of oak bows and uprights, with corners, let me know if U are interested.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks