• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cargo rack for my M1009

Indyharleyguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi All,
I'm thinking about adding a cargo rack to my M1009. I'm looking on Amazon at a CURT 18115 Roof Mounted Cargo Rack. Then probably adding the CURT 18117 Roof Mounted Cargo Rack Extension on it. I plan on adding some reinforcement to the back mount since it's going into fiberglass. Just wondered if anyone has done something like this and did it work out well or what problems you might of had?

I'm actually thinking about using the front as a light rack to add some lights up there also.

Thanks for any input.

cucvrus

I made a roof rack from the bottom piece of a bulk liquid pallet container. it works pretty well and has the look I wanted. Bolted fast to the rear roof with 8 3/8" carriage bolts run from inside out and sealed.001.jpgDSCF6437.jpgDSCF6436.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks