• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cargo Strap Clean-Up made easy!

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bought a M270 a couple of weeks ago, it is pretty rough but it did come with a full compliment of ratchets and straps. The down side they looked like they were pulled from a swamp. But being cheap I thought a little Purple Power and my low end power washer may save the day. They are cleaner but still pretty rough, but I was surprised how much better they look, too bad it doesn't help the cuts and frays!

Attachments

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Careful with those. They may be rotted and might snap the first time you tighten them down on a load.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea, I am a chain guy on big stuff, but I will give them a good stress test as soon as I recover the 270, I was surprised only one of the ratchets was frozen!

pmramsey

I use Gempler's rust converter. It is water based and it will clean up your rust issues. It may take two coats but it will turn all the rust to primer, seal it, and you are ready to paint. It will look almost new when finished.