• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CarQuest or NAPA part numbers for MEP-006A oil filter?

ichudov

I need to find an oil filter for MEP-006A generator.

NSN 2940-01-033-2780. It is for sale at various websites, but I need it yesterday, so I would like to know if anyone came up with a CarQuest part number for it.

Here's the NSN webpage:

NIIN/NSN report from IHS, The Source for Critical Information and Insight (tm)

It is 8.906 inches long.

I tried to give CarQuest a few numbers from the NSN webpage but they could not find anything.

This is the same filter as for multifuel 2.5 ton deuce, IIRC.

Any ideas?

i

PeterD

I posted the CarQuest numbers for fuel and oil filters the other day in another thread. AFAIK, the 004, 005 and 006 all use the same filter(s). I suppose we should start working on a Wiki for each of these, and include a cross-reference section too.

If
Westech can provide a Wix number, CarQuest can easily cross-reference it. And the CarQuest filters are made by Wix.

Last edited:

Westech

CPL
I did a parts cross about 6 years ago and it has still not made it to the "new" site. I have 3 pages or crossed part numbers for MV's and equipment. If you need something PM me. I more then likely can find a wix number. Also if you use the search function I am sure you will find what you are looking for. ***********And please do NOT double post.*******

Last edited:

ichudov

I did a parts cross about 6 years ago and it has still not made it to the "new" site. I have 3 pages or crossed part numbers for MV's and equipment. If you need something PM me. I more them likely find a wix number. Also if you use the search function I am sure you will find what you are looking for. ***********And please do NOT double post.*******
Sorry for the double post.

Guys, I AM very confused. The filter than the NSN specifies is a long one, almost 9 inches long. The 1004 filter (carquest 51004) is the one I bought upon advise here and it is MUCH shorter.

Wix 51004 & Napa 1004 Oil Filter: FleetFilter Secure Online Store

I have two of those 1004'a at home right now and they are clearly not anywhere close.

Anyway, I think that it is Wix 51133, as mentioned in another thread. I wil get it tomorrow.

thanks

Last edited:

PeterD

I'll add to my notes that the CarQuest filter doesn't fit the 006... Sorry for the confusion, some of the filters are compatible, and it appears some are not!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks