• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

casting Sherman parts

DWJ

Hi Group

The museum ( Canadian Military Education Centre ) I’m part of is thinking of making moulds for casting some parts of a late model 76mm Sherman. Some of the parts were thinking of casting are the 76mm muzzle brake, the 76mm gun mantlet, driver and co-driver hatch covers. We have no idea of prices at this time but I’m looking for other interested parties as the more we get made the cheaper the cost on each unit. Please get back to me through this group site or directly at dt969b@gmail.com if you have any interest.

Thank you

Dan

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Hummmmmmm...they are now reproducing 69 Camero and early Mustang pans and you can (with enough money) build you a new one from the ground up using modern systems.
That is an interesting idea........build your own tank from the ground up......imagine a Sherman with a resto mod engine and drive train....from the outside it would look identical...but when you cranked her up and took off.......WOW.
Since you are not worried about it being a real armored vehicle (as in the bad guys shooting at you) you could cast it out of aluminum to save weight.
I am a genius.

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hummmmmmm...they are now reproducing 69 Camero and early Mustang pans and you can (with enough money) build you a new one from the ground up using modern systems.
That is an interesting idea........build your own tank from the ground up......imagine a Sherman with a resto mod engine and drive train....from the outside it would look identical...but when you cranked her up and took off.......WOW.
Since you are not worried about it being a real armored vehicle (as in the bad guys shooting at you) you could cast it out of aluminum to save weight.
I am a genius.
WM, you now can buy a complete 1969 mustang body for $16,000.00

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks