• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CAT 3126 New Motor Help

Mccorkled

We recently had a new motor installed in our rig by a trusted mechanic. He did great work at a great price. We’re getting ready to make a long trip across the country so we have been running the vehicle to work out any bugs that may occur from a new motor. Today our check engine light came on and we have two codes.

637-13 Engine timing sensor. Out of calibration.
2003-13 Transmission - Unknown SPN. Condition Exists.

After some research it seemed like an easy fix we could do with a computer and a quick calibration. After some more research it looks like $1,000 worth of tools we’ll only use once and some mechanical abilities far exceeding my own.

We contacted the mechanic and he said that he has never come across this issue and he was unable to help.

Here is the thread I came across for calibrating a manual transmission. We have an automatic.

Can anyone offer some guidance or physical assistance? We’re located just outside of Chambersburg PA.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Probably should have a mod move this to the FMTV forum. Typically Cat issues need a mechanic that has the Cat ET diagnostic software.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks