• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CB trouble

STRIDER

I have a cobra CB radio hooked up to my M35a2 with a whip antenna; works great but only if the truck isn’t running. Soon as I turn the truck on I get a lot of noise and it is very very hard to hear anyone on it.
Has this happened to anyone else?
:lost:

papakb

noise

The military never invested in noise suppression equipment unless the trucks were used for commo applications so they aren't electrically "quiet". Go over the Rat Shack or your local CB shop and pick up a noise suppression filter and install it in the power line to the radio. If you still have noise you probably have a damaged or loose antenna lead.

Kurt
KG6KMJ

rlwm211

Agreed with PapaKB check your antenna. If your antenna is way out with its swr the noise will be louder than the signal. Also, are you using an inverter, 24 to 12 volts, or hooking up to the first battery? I am not sure how noisy the electronic inverters are if you are using one.

The other possibility is that the alternator is partlly snafu and the noise if from stray a/c due to leaky diodes. If you think about it, the alternator is the only potential source of noise in the electrical system. You could disconnect the field wire and start the truck and see if the noise is gone. If it is, then you can consider having the alternator checked out or replacing it.

Hope this helps

RL

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks