• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CDR Valve question..

Daleydriver

How's it going folks?! I bought a 1009 about 6 months ago and have been doing some tinkering on it after looking things up on the site. It's been a great resource so far. Most recently I had to replace my oil cooler hoses and mistakenly went ahead and ordered replacement from Napa without searching on here first. The hoses were a nightmare and it was only after reading on here about other peoples experiences that I brought my originals to a hose shop to be rebuilt.
Anyways, the question I have is about the CDR valve on my truck. My valve is has a hose running from it back into the intake manifold. All the other pictures ive seen of other engine bays has the valve that routes to the oil filler neck. I believe mine needs to be replaced and wonder if I should switch to the other style valve and come up with a different filler neck? Or use the other style and continue running it into the intake. Here are a few pictures of my setup.

Attachments

welpro222

Your setup is the newer style, I believe it started in 1991 on some 6.2 and mostly 6.5. I think either system will work fine if working properly. Not worth changing over, you would need the hoses, brackets, oil filler w/ cdr hose, and the cdr itself. You also might need the intake that works with the older system?

Go on ebay, I have seen this style CDR new for $45.

Daleydriver

Your setup is the newer style, I believe it started in 1991 on some 6.2 and mostly 6.5. I think either system will work fine if working properly. Not worth changing over, you would need the hoses, brackets, oil filler w/ cdr hose, and the cdr itself. You also might need the intake that works with the older system?

Go on ebay, I have seen this style CDR new for $45.
Thanks Welpro222 found it on ebay.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks