• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Center mount Turbo M1008

adf5565

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How is the intake drone/noise with the Donaldson air filter? I'm not impressed with the S&B 6.5 intake I put on, granted it is better than the stock N/A 6.2 drone but still gets annoying.

87cr250r

I have not insulated my cab yet so all I hear is the rattle from the back of the engine. With that said, I don't notice any drone. The air filter housing doesn't have any noise baffles or anything but it does have a primary and backup element as well as pre-swirl separators so there are a few places where muffling does happen. I don't get any noise from the turbo in the cab so it must be doing a decent job muffling things.

Adding a cross-over to the exhaust converting to a single pipe will make a huge difference in drone as well.

adf5565

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the info. I have a side mount turbo’d 6.5 so exhaust wise it should be set there.

Those Donaldson filter assemblies actually seem reasonably priced too. Is there a specific orientation they have to be or can it be rotated 90 degrees?

87cr250r

It has a duckbill valve for draining water. So they have to be oriented accordingly. Good news, they can be ordered with both orientations.

I think I went with the D080056 V. They're only rated for 50hp but that gives room for clogging. The housings are $150 with filter.

The rest of the intake is just silicone elbows and aluminum tube from Amazon/eBay.

The Powercore filters start on page 34.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks