• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

central california members

drjconley

my uncle and i both live in merced and we would be interested in visiting and looking at a duece. we are seriously considering buying one, but we arent very knowledgeable about military vehicles quite yet. if there are any members that would let us look at and crawl under their vehicles that would be great. i was also interested in purchasing equipment from gl in french camp, and if anyone has words of wisdom regarding them i would love to hear it.

thank you, jim

I have one, just south of atascadero, a little bit of a haul for you. If you ever plan a trip to Pismo or are coming across the 166, I live in Santa Maria.

Also see this link:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?t=26628
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?t=20894

Make sure you know what the licensing stipulations will be involved. It has been a highly contravercial topic here on Steel Soldiers.

In an nutshell you should consider a few things:Motorhome (housecar), Historical Vehicle, or Commercial Class B license. Some say commercial license even with Historical Vehicle.

Do not add any more license comments to this thread, just know if you do a search on Ca LIcense, Ca registration or the like you will find a few threads overly discussing this issue.

drjconley

thank you for the responses, unfortunately i dont make it that far down south except for every five years or so. also thanks for the heads up on other issues.
jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks