• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Centralia WA Dec. 14, 2013 Lighted Tractor Parade

Amer-team

Anyone interested in participating in the Lighted Tractor parade this year? They do want Military Vehicles participating. You do need to light your vehicle up with Christmas lights. If you want to attend, I will take care of the registration for our unit. last year we had 3 vehicles from the local Guard unit and 3 private MV's.

It is Dec. 14 at 1800. Please post to this thread or give me a call. Thank you, Peter L. 360 870 0706

Amer-team

Filled out the application for this one today, under the title of "Friends of Kilroy" - Steel Soldiers. Anyone going to turn out.
So far I have two WW2 jeeps and 2 - 5 tons. Our local NG unit has turned out with 2 or 3 trucks the last couple of years as well. Line up about 1630 and parade at 1800. P

Amer-team

What do you mean it won't be ready? I thought we did everything but wash and wax it last weekend.:p

Will you have that Saturday off? I am sure that there is a spare rig around here that you could drive, but that would mean more lights and maybe another converter or small generator for the back of the truck. Let's ponder on this as it gets closer. I have a lot of lights, so that would probably be taken care of.

I only have one converter so if we had another one or two, that would work out well.

srodocker

I have that night off I know. Its just what tiem I get off during the day....grr yea as it gets closer we'll see. maybe i'll try to get a midnight start so im off around 2 or so!

Amer-team

Had a call this evening from a gent that hopes to make this parade the rolling out ceremony for his M38A1C.

We might meet at my house in the afternoon to put lights on vehicles if there is an interest to do this. The form up for the parade is about 3 blocks from the house.

Amer-team

So far about 3 ww2 jeeps, maybe a couple M923's, M54, a ww2 command car, M38A1C. Any other takers? We have done this the last 2 years and there is about as big a turnout for this one as the 4th of July. hope to see you there. P

Amer-team

Wanted to bump this one up. Parade tomorrow night. Any other takers? We are looking at starting to show up at my house around 1400 to get to decorating the rigs. Will have a burger and head over to line up area. We need to be in line by about 1700 at the latest. If you have questions, please give me a call. Peter 360 870 0706

Amer-team

We fielded 8 vehicles and 11 people for this event. The parade was about and hour or a little longer. The turnout appeared to be at least as large as the 4th of July parade. These pictures are from the parade prep time, as the night time photos didn't turn out that well. There were two WW2 jeeps, 1 Dodge Command Car, 1 Chev 1 1/2 ton, M38A1C, M54A2C, M923, and M923A1.100_3896.jpg100_3895.jpg100_3900.jpg100_3894.jpg100_3893.jpg100_3892.jpg

IsaLandr

Tartaned Goði
I'm a little late to this party, but I just wanted to say I saw this parade and the vehicles you guys fielded. This was my first year watching the Lighted Tractor Parade. Mainly i was there to see the IH products that turned up, being a long-time diehard IH addict. But then i saw the military vehicles and was quite pleased. I had wondered if we could enter our truck(s) in this parade, and now we know. Maybe next year one of ours will be able to join you guys.

Thanks for your efforts, I was very happy to see your vehicles in the line.

Amer-team

Thank you for the note. Keep an eye on these pages for next years update. I may be fighting the Battle of the Bulge in Belgium during the next parade, but will get it set up so you guys can all participate.

Locally there were several nice comments on what we fielded that night. The more the merrier. P